If you're reading this email, it's likely you've been affected by Cancer in some way.
Whether it be a friend, a family member, a colleague, Cancer affects many and does not discriminate.
In my region alone, around 250 people lose their lives because of Cancer every year, the numbers diagnosed are much higher.
It is why a Shorten Labor Government will deliver the biggest cancer care package in Australian history, with a $2.3 billion investment to dramatically slash out-of-pocket costs for cancer patients.
This is the most important reform to Medicare since it was introduced by Bob Hawke.
Labors Medicare Cancer Plan includes:
- Investing $600 million towards eliminating all out-of-pocket costs for diagnostic imaging, with up to six million free cancer scans funded through Medicare
- Investing $433 million to fund three million free consultations with oncologists and surgeons for cancer patients
- Guarantee that every drug recommended by independent experts will be listed on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, cutting out-of-pockets costs for cancer medications
Labor will support the increase to the Low- and Middle-Income Tax Offset proposed in the Budget and will deliver tax relief from July 1 this year.
But the Liberals unfair Budget leaves 3.6 million Australians earning less than $48,000 a year short-changed.
To give these workers the tax cut they deserve, Labor will increase the offset for low-income and part-time workers.
With Labor, 10 million Australians will get the same or bigger tax cut.
The ABC provides vital local news services. In fact, 17 million Australians consume some form of ABC content every week it is part of our national fabric.
Thats why Labor will always stand up for the ABC and fight against the conservatives unrelenting attacks against our public broadcaster.
A Shorten Labor Government will provide $13 million to the ABC to support regional broadcasting services, more local and regional content, emergency broadcasting and the creation of a News Literacy Program. This investment will also create more jobs in regional Australia.
Earlier this week you would have received an email inviting you to events in the Illawarra and Southern Highlands to discuss the budget reply, and the upcoming campaign.
I'd love to have you along to chat about my vision for our region at either of the two events:
- Southern Highlands - Monday night, 8 April 2019 at the CWA Hall in Moss Vale from 6 pm.
- Illawarra - Tuesday night, 9 April 2019 at Dapto Ribbonwood Centre, Scribbly Gum Room, from 6 pm.
If you are interested in coming along or you have any questions, call 0499 424 450 or email [email protected]
Netball is the Illawarras most popular womens sport with over 3000 members of the IDNA.
The home of netball in the Illawarra needs significant upgrades to enable this key sport to continue to grow and to potentially host state and higher level competitions.
Hundreds have already signed our petition to show their support for upgrading local facilities -Click here to add your name