The Communities Environment Grant Program is now open. This Grant Program provides grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 to groups in my electorate of Whitlam for projects that deliver positive environmental outcomes and give community the resources, skills and knowledge to care for the environment.
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be eligible for funding an applicant must be a legal entity with a current Australian Business Number (ABN) and be one of the following incorporated entities.
- An Incorporated not for profit organisation
- A Local Governing Body
- An Australian state agency or body
If you are an organisation that may not be able to incorporate, such as Landcare, Coastcare or Bushcare Groups you may nominate a project sponsor to apply on your behalf. Project sponsors may act as a sponsor for more than one project.
Examples of projects that may be funded include:
- Collection and propagation of seed from native species
- Revegetation using native species e.g. to increase suitable habitat and available food sources for native animals
- Habitat Support for species e.g. provision of nesting boxes or artificial burrows.
- Management of access to sensitive areas e.g. installation of infrastructure such as Sand Ladders.
More Information about the Communities Environment Grant Program is available at https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/communities-environment-program
A fact-sheet about the Program is available HERE
Expression of Interest Form is available HERE
You can also contact my office with queries on 4297 2285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org